As a Korean Skin Care buyer, I had a hard time to make decision between two series of Innisfree product to stock in for Skin18.com. Green tea series VS Perfect 9. So I decided to first started with Perfect 9 as my skin care routine; this set is a more expensive series and I was expecting to get some amazing change to my skin from there.
The very first brand from Korea that interest me was Innisfree because it is quiet popular in Hong Kong and I have a very close friend who is also a fan of this brand. Within the brand, there are many different ingredient series that with the purpose for different age group. I selected two to compare as I had to decide on which series to be sold in Skin18.com.
Green Tea Seed series – The vitality and deep hydration of green tea products are supplied by the green tea extracts from the fields of Jeju Island, renowned for its cleanliness and abundant flora Use of these products will leave skin feeling smooth, supple and deeply hydrated.
- Made with 100% Green Tea
- Dual Moisture-Rising Technology™ from the eco-friendly Jeju Green Tea and Green tea seed oil.
- Main functions: skin feeling smooth, supple, and deeply hydrated.
- 5-free system : parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imdazolidinyl urea
Perfect 9 repair – this set is aimed for anti-aging purpose, it contains 9 active ingredients from Jeju anti-aging elixir complex™, the 9 active extracts with the purpose to fight the 9 signs of aging skin.
- Main functions: for enhanced nourishment and hydration (anti-aging)
- 9 active extracts
- 9 signs of aging skin – repair, dryness, wrinkles, flakiness, darkening, blemishes, enlarged pores, and reduced skin elasticity.
- 6-free system : parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances, imidazolidinyl urea
After using both brand for a while, the winner was “Green Tea” because I think the ingredient is more gentle for my skin with reasonable (cheaper) price. For my age, I always try to use the higher class or those with anti-aging functions which might not be a good idea somehow. Sometime using those intensive ingredient for a while might instead nourish my skin too much (just my personal opinion), maybe its time for some gentle ingredient to slow down a bit. Green team indeed is considered to be a “healing” ingredient that can treat acne, it can also “prevent” premature aging of the skin which I think I am still at this stage.
The antioxidants and EGCG compounds have function that can regenerate cells for a fresh new look