First facial impression i had was a relaxing process in a spa or clinic, and i could never imagine i can do it at home. It is indeed a professional process that requires lots of knowledge on step-by-step, careful handling, ingredient background and even a little medical background. My mother has awesome skin and i accompanied her many times to “facial store” since i was young. Once i became a teenager, my mother also purchased packages for me to try and i loved it. If i remember correctly, the process went like this:
First they used foam cleanser, scrub or exfoliator to clean the face thoroughly; toner to tone your face with a light padding massage process; then a steamer to heat up and open up pore on face; follow up with a clay mask (to clean more/let skin absorb), wash-up mask (to pump in nutrition/whitening), lotion mask (to pump in more nutrition), or all; ending with a relaxing lotion massage. The process was very relaxing and you get to sleep in a comfortable “bed chair” for the whole time. Just like Manicure and Padicure, that has lasted for years for ladies and even gentlemen to go and relax.
The world had changed, even though there are still million of spa facial stores out there but the open knowledge from the Internet and invention of sheet mask had made our life easier than it was. Now i do the whole process at home and keep a good skincare routine on a daily basis to keep up the “quality”. This process of “home facial” is not as hard as it stated, basically it is a process of daily skincare routine in addition ofa mask process – clay/sheet/wash-off/sleeping/peeling/eye…etc
- Clean your face with Foam Cleanser, Soap or lotion cleanser (if your skin is dry)
- Exfoliate your face with scrub (use mild kind for sensitive skin or skip this process)
- Toner to tone your face (toner can act as a pre-moisturizer so that your skin will not be too dry during the mask process, in short, it well prepare your skin)
- Time for mask (i suggest to use only one kind of mask at a time)
- Traditional Clay Mask (I tried the one from innisfree and they are good)
- Sheet Mask (easiest, fastest with many different kinds – usually for moisturizing purposes or nutrition pumping)
- Wash-off mask / Exfloiating Masks (Dead skin remover, Absorb Nutriotion)
- Sleeping Mask (Nutrition pamper)
- Peeling Mask (Dead skin remover in different level)
- Eye Mask / Nose Pore Blackhead Remover / Neck Patch / Leg Patch
- Moisturizing process
And i had also discovered the easiest way other than the above steps as there are many sheet masks that has steps!!! What an invention, now you can save all your time and use 2/3 step mask.
Here are some blog post in the pasted about 2 or 3 steps masks:
- I:BO ALL IN ONE 3STEP – REPAIR SOLUTION FOR RELAXATION, REGENERATION, NUTRITION, AND ELASTIC CARE
Updated on Feb 2016: Surprisingly, my favorite 3-step mask is a new brand called Cracare, i love the scent and i can totally see the amazing result after using those for 2-3 weeks! I am on a close discussion with the supplier at this moment and if any blogger would like to collaborate with Skin18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get sample to review.
- Cracare Anti-Aging Snail Repairing 3 steps Mask (Skin Lightening + Firming)
- Cracare Anti-Aging Hyaluron Moisture 3 steps Mask (Reduce Lines & Moisturize)
- Cracare Anti-Aging Collagen Lifting 3 steps Mask (Elasticity)
- Cracare Anti-Aging Aloe Soothing 3 steps Mask (Soothes + Moisturize)
* Note for free blogger’s sample: This offer is only for a limited period of time (Jan 2016 – June 2016) and limed quantity, mask samples are giving away to those who are currently a blogger who has at least 50+ posts and blogged for 1 year – please send an email to email@example.com (email subject: skincarebeauty18.com sample – Cracare 3 steps Masks ) with your blog’s address if you are interested and Skin18’s sales and marketing team will contact you accordingly.