Skin care routine is a knowledge based caring process whereas each individual has to learn their own steps from knowledge, experience, analysis result, test on skin and improve for better treatment. There are also different skin types that needs to be award of: oily, normal, dry, combination and sensitive. (Find out your skin type here). Skin type can also change due to weather, environment, eating habit, etc.
Honestly, there are no standard and neither will there be a perfect routine suggestion for everyone; this means everyone is different. It is always good to ask for advises from experiences ones who are willing to share, discuss and analyse for a better routine for you.
No one start with the skin care routine in one night, and here is how my routine changed from time to time until today. At the very beginning of my routine, there were only moisturizer with hydrocortisone cream (a cream for minor skin irritations, itching, and rashes):
- Moisturizer only (with hydrocortisone cream)
- Cleanser + Moisturizer (with hydrocortisone cream)
- Cleanser + Serum + Moisturizer (with hydrocortisone cream)
- Cleanser + Serum + Eye Treatment + Moisturizer
- Cleanser + Toner + Serum + Eye Treatment + Moisturizer
- Cleanser + Toner + Serum + Lotion + Eye Treatment + Moisturizer + Mist
- Cleanser + Toner + Serum + Lotion + Eye Treatment + Moisturizer + Mist + Home Facial Mask 3-4 times a week
There are many reasons behind for my changes and i think the first turning point was the time when I started using serum. I first started with Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair (US$92) and i love it, even though it is kind of expensive and some of my friends told me that this serum was supposed to made for ageing ladies, i still used it for years. I later mixed my serum with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (US$165) and did not realized that serum and essence are the same type in skin care routine process. Except those that are recommended at Skin18, i personally also like the Clarin’s double serum (US$89) a lot.
Comparing with those i used and recommended in the pasted from the west, serum from Korea are mostly half price with the same result on my face! I have not yet try everything but following are those i tried so far and i just love trying new serum everyday! I will select my favorite ones and talk about the “goods” it did to my skin in later post.
- The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Whitening Essence US$48
- It’s Skin PRESIGE Serum D’escargot Set: Serum + Eye Cream (Snail Essence) US$28
- Myeonghan Miindo Yul Sibigyeongrak Lifting Serum US$32
- Ben & Sera 30days Anti-aging Project Serum (Anti-Wrinkle / Whitening / Moisturizing) US$43
- Ben & Sera 15 Days Anti-Wrinkle TaengTaeng Project Serum (Anti-Wrinkle / Anti-Aging / Moisturizing) US$35
- Ben & Sera 7 Days Whitening Miracle Project Serum (Anti-Wrinkle / Anti-Aging / Moisturizing) US$35
- Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum US$29
- Grinif Hyaluronate 93% Ampoule US$13.5
- Grinif Placenta 92% Ampoule US$21
- Grinif Collagen 90% Ampoule US$18
- It’s Skin Power 10 Serum US$13.5!!!!
Another big turning point is the time when i started exploring and using eye treatment (eye serum, eye cream, eye mask, etc). The reason was how i have dark circle problem since i was little, feel free to read this post here about my dark circle + eye wrinkle problems.
Understand each step clearly can sure be a great start. Here are more post for you as reference:
- TOP 10 REASONS WHY SKIN CARE SHOULD BE IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE
- THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING ON TOP OF YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
- THE LATEST KOREAN SKIN CARE TREND: ROUTINE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS
After exploring with all the above serum, i personally like Ben & Sera serum series (30 days, 15 days, 7 days) a lot and the product developer is also very nice. Those serum are colorless, transparent, slightly viscous fluid and their function is on improvement of facial skin with re-activating stem cell concept. This is the only factory that told me NOT TO USE TOO MUCH of their product – only one drop is enough. The reason behind is how it takes time for the face to absorb nutrition one at a time.
I am hoping to let more people know about Ben & Sera serum series. After months of discussion with the factory, we produced some syringe sample together and i would like to share those with bloggers who read this and want to try it. *
- Ben & Sera 30 days Anti-aging Project Serum (3ml syringe sample)
- Ben & Sera 15 Days Anti-Wrinkle TaengTaeng Project Serum (3ml syringe)
- Ben & Sera 7 Days Whitening Miracle Project Serum (Anti-Wrinkle / Anti-Aging / Moisturizing)
* Note for free blogger’s sample: This offer is only for a limited period of time (Jan 2016 – June 2016) with limed quantity, syringe samples are giving away to those who are currently a blogger who has at least 50+ posts and blogged for 1 year – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (email subject: skincarebeauty18.com sample – Ben & Sera serum) with your blog’s address if you are interested and Skin18’s sales and marketing team will contact you accordingly.